Can our deepest pain be a doorway to healing?
We have translated and subtitled the film in the following languages: Arabic, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovenian, Spanish, Turkish, Ukrainian, and Vietnamese. Invite your friends!
Trauma is the invisible force that shapes our lives. It shapes the way we live, the way we love and the way we make sense of the world. It is the root of our deepest wounds. Dr. Maté gives us a new vision: a trauma-informed society in which parents, teachers, physicians, policy-makers and legal personnel are not concerned with fixing behaviors, making diagnoses, suppressing symptoms and judging, but seek instead to understand the sources from which troubling behaviors and diseases spring in the wounded human soul. More
Over 10 million human beings from 230 countries and territories have seen the film so far. Join the movement towards a trauma-informed society. The film is available by donation. Your contribution will help us bring the movie and resources to many communities in need across the globe. Also, you can help spread the message of the film by sharing your review on IMDB.
If you would like to host a group screening for your community, organization, or institution
please click here.
A 9-part Series recorded live in front of audiences.
In 2022 Dr. Gabor Maté with the SAND team went on The Wisdom of Trauma film European tour. We held workshops and lectures in various cities. All the events were fully sold out. We have compiled and edited the recordings of these live conversations and organized the talks in 9 distinct categories to help you navigate this rich content.
The Wisdom of Trauma All-Access Pass
WHAT IS INCLUDED:
- Film The Wisdom of Trauma
- Returning to Wholeness: A Guide to Understanding and Integrating Trauma. A 7-hour course with Gabor Maté including downloadable audio and transcripts
- Talks on Trauma Series, Part 1 & Part 2: 33 conversations with 72 leading experts, including downloadable video and audio, plus 7 embodiment and meditation practices
- 5 additional webinars on trauma from the SAND library
- Gabor Maté’s 21 most frequently asked trauma questions
- A Conversation on Trauma, Compassion and Magic with Gabor Maté and James Doty
- Speaker extras: articles, book chapters, meditations & embodiment practices.
- Music from The Wisdom of Trauma film
- Private membership site to access all of your content for one year, with download options
- 14-day money-back guarantee
Explore selected clips
Access 70+ hours of additional educational material
JOIN OUR GROUP
BROUGHT TO YOU BY
SAND is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization. Science And Nonduality (SAND) is a community inspired by timeless wisdom, informed by cutting-edge science, and grounded in direct experience. We come together to explore the big questions of life while celebrating the mystery of being. SAND is a place for an open-hearted, authentic connection with people who are drawn together to explore what it means to be a human being, standing at the intersection of spiritual inquiry, science, social healing, and the arts.